Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bob Harper, Will You Marry Me?




For those of you who don't know, I am a huge fan of the show The Biggest Loser (couldn't tell by looking at me, but whatever). I really enjoy watching these "contestants" overcome their struggles with weight and food. I used to think that the methods of the show weren't exactly healthy until I recently discovered that the show is filmed over a 225 day period. Anyway, enough about that.


My absolute favorite part of The Biggest Loser is the trainers, Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper. Jillian is famous for being a bit of a hard ass on her contestants but make no mistake, she doesn't raise her voice unless her peeps are slacking off and are in need of a little....motivation. They all hate her for it at the moment but thank her tremendously in the end when they're fit and healthy. Bob, on the other hand, is credited with being the "nice" trainer, mostly because I think no one has ever heard him use a swear word, not because he is any less demanding in the gym.


I happen to have a bit of a crush on Mr. Bob Harper. There's just something about the combination of his gentle demeanor, charming southern accent, rock hard body, and arms full of tattoos. Mmm mmm mmmm. What has pushed my crush over the edge was Bob's recent display of passion for what he does.








Now, there have been many "comments" on the NBC website about Bob's behavior in this segment. For those of you who do not watch the show, the contestant that he was being hard on displayed a very poor attitude throughout the entire week and one point, in a one-on-one interview with the producers, even admitted that she had no intentions of trying as hard as the other contestants.


On the subject of Bob though, I can completely appreciate his frustration with the contestant's lack of drive. I mean, these 22 people were selected out of millions of applicants and for any of them to not give 110% effort is just insulting. I support Bob’s motivational method in this case. She was clearly capable of completing the 30sec sprint and need someone to push her beyond her thoughts of “I can’t” and “I’m trying my hardest”. She could do it and was not trying her hardest. That’s how she got and stayed fat in the first place. Yeah, I said it. She just needed someone to believe in her; to show her that they are as invested in her success as she is.


3 comments:

Joeypete said...

Whoa!! Do you think he'd marry me too? I'll share with you...lol

Unknown said...

I loved that! I'm glad he finally told her to shut the @#$% up. He's such a hottie, I agree.

Jenifer Lyn Photography said...

You are sooooo funny! You totally have me hooked on the show (not that I needed much pushing). We'll have to schedule a weekly BL discussion!!!