Monday, September 17, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

Ok, so that title sounds bit conceited, but the more you read you'll understand why I'm so excited. You see, about 2 months ago, Dameone and I decided that it might be time to grow up and settle down. By that, I mean WE'RE BUILDING A HOUSE!!




The whole thing really came about so fast and unexpectedly. A good friend of ours just finished building her house and recommended that we come out and take a look at the new builds in her area. The area that she is building in is somewhat near an area where we had once lived - an area we were 200% certain we would never return to. Much to our surprise, though this area shares a common street name, it is nothing like the other place. In fact, it kind of reminds me of Tucson.




Anyway, after several failed attempts at declining her suggestions, we took the marketing materials she so kindly picked up for us and realized that this could become a reality for us. We glanced at the floor plans that were offered and selected a nice-sized 3br 2 1/2 ba 2-story patio home (For those of you who don't know, a patio home is a stand-alone home in a planned community that does not have a full yard...only a patio). We really feel that this will be the perfect transition for us out of apartment living and into our own home.




Ok, so why "happy birthday to me", you ask? Welllll....they broke ground on our new home today! So, it's one day after my birthday. Close enough.




Here are some pics from the day we signed our contract...enjoy! More updates to follow as the build progresses...











2 comments:

The Motts said...

CONGRATS JESSI & DAMEONE!!! I am so happy for you both and I cannot wait to see pictures of the progress!!! VERY EXCITING!!!! :-)

Dan & Jennifer said...

Congradulations Jessi & Dameone!!! That is great news I just heard from Pete the other day!!! I decided to see what else is new with you two!!! I hope all goes well with the construction. Miss you guys!!!