Friday, September 14, 2007

Good Food, Great Friends

So, as most of you know (or should know) my birthday is coming up this weekend. Since I work like a maniac, some of my friends decided to treat me to an early birthday celebration by taking me out to lunch/cocktails at this local eatery called Shabu Fondue. Now, I've never been to The Melting Pot (mostly because I've heard that it costs an arm and a leg and if I'm going to give up that kind of money on a meal, it better have been moo-ing in Japanese before it got to my plate) but I hear this place is quite similar in concept just geared toward a more budget conscious crowd.








The fondue dining experience definitely promotes conversation and, most of all, portion control. We decided that we were only mildly hungry, so the three of us split 2 kinds of cheese fondue, then of course the dessert fondue. This particular place serves a variety of carb-laden goodies to choose for dipping. With the cheese course you get rye bread, tortilla chips, soft pretzel sticks, and something else that escapes my memory.






Then out comes the super-yummy chocolate fondue and with it, another selection of tid bits to feed your carb over-dose. They brought out graham crackers, marshmallows, cheesecake, cherries, strawberries, and pineapple (which we decided to pass on). I can hardly imagine how we didn't eat the bowl the chocolate come out in. I think the only thing that stopped if from devouring it was the threat of scalding our mouths!







After lunch, we sat and talked for a while then I opened my presents. I got a huge stack of home decorating magazines and....drum roll please....A NEW PAIR OF SHOES!!! I must say that I have some of the most fantastic friends on the face of this earth. Thank you guys!!!

No comments: