Thursday, October 4, 2007

Progress Report

Vacation is over and I'm back to work now. Work, work, work...that's all I ever seem to do these days. At least I have a job I love and the work is for a worthy cause - our new house! Since my last post, lots of things have happened. The slab was poured, and framing began. Here's a look at the progress that has been made...










So, this is how the progression of the above photos works: The first pic is of the slab (taken Monday, but slab was poured last Thursday). The second pic is of the first day of framing, which was Wednesday. The third pic is of the second day of framing, which was Thursday. I've been informed by a source close to the build (and confirmed by picture message) that the rest of the framing was completed today and the roof is completely covered!












I can't even begin to say how completely shocked/thrilled I am at how this build is progressing. I was able to go out to the property yesterday to take some interior pics:












The first pic is of the dining room/kitchen. See that pipe sticking out of the slab? OK, maybe you don't, but that would be the power supply for our new ISLAND!! The second pic is of the stairs and the third pic is taken from the garage looking through the stairs into the kitchen/dining room.






So, that's all for now, but as I have more progress to report, I'll pass it along! I think that may mean you'll hear from me sometime next week!! Till then...

3 comments:

Jenifer Sellon said...

That is so crazy, unbelievably cool!!! I am so happy for you two! Hey - no shoes?! :-)

Dan & Jennifer said...

Looks like progress is moving along rapidly!!! Do you have a weblink or picture of the house???

Jenny, she's not posting shoes because its obvious she's wearing work boots!!! ;)

Jessica White said...

The pics of the house are coming from me and a friend of mine who lives in that neighborhood. I should probably open a Picassa album and link it to this site for all to see.

You're right about the shoes...except my workshoe of choice is the flip-flop. :)